Let’s be honest, mould loves bathrooms it is the perfect breeding ground. It can grow in baths, showers, tiles, carpets, wallpaper, grout, wood, sinks and toilets. The most common causes of bathroom mould are lingering moisture caused by lack of ventilation and in the extra cases leaks or rising dampness.
Find The Mould In Your Bathroom
If you can smell mould but can’t see it, check out hidden areas such as under sinks, toilets and baths, behind doors, in shower fixtures and screen, crawlspaces, exhaust fans, shower curtains etc. It can start unseen in the bathroom then spread to other rooms. Mould is best prevented then treated as it can become a big problem if it starts to spread. Below is an example of the mould being found in vanity but what you will find is most of the time your vanity will have a backing so you won’t even see the mould building.
Tips For Preventing Mould
- The right type of ventilation fan is key. If mould is a key problem for you go with something that is only a fan and not a combination of items. We find that a stand-alone exhaust fan works so much better than say a Heat/Light/Fan
- Always try to avoid a shower curtain with possible as they notoriously soak in and spread the moisture
- The more bottles of shampoos, showers gel, toys or accessories in the shower as they provide hiding places for mould to grow.
- Wash your bathroom rugs frequently.
- Tiling to the ceiling will stop moisture penetrating the walls
- Use gloss paint where possible as this creates a harder surface
- Keep the window open during use of the shower where possible.
It’s important to note that all our advice is general in nature and all bathrooms are unique so always speak to your local qualified tradesman for the best advice. At on the ball bathrooms we love feedback so let us know what you think with a comment below or if you are looking for a bathroom renovation quote and live in Perth, Western Australia contact us on 0419964678 or email us at email@example.com
For More DIY TIPS For Renovating Your Bathroom Visit:
Before and After Albums: Click Here
High-resolution examples of all projects: Click Here
Start Pinning and Putting Your Dream Bathroom Together: Click Here
If you like the article and want to get all the latest updates or see all our before and after’s, then show us some love with a like on Instagram