Alcove bathroom renovations are exactly as they sounds, they all have a shower space that has three walls and one screen with a pivot door that is located at the front of the alcove. This bathroom layout is often really when the original building of the home needed space in the laundry or a linen cupboard so they make the bathroom smaller width-wise and stick in this shower alcove. The Alcove bathroom renovation often requires a custom-made wall to wall shower screen to allow a complete finish but we are now moving into the realm of wet rooms so open alcoves are becoming a trend. This before and after series is to highlight the many types of bathroom layouts and help with ideas on what your new bathroom can become.
Bathroom Renovation Ascot
I love the touch of color but it is not for everyone. The owner of this Ascot renovation went back and forth on the blue feature wall but I think the decision on the plain white tiles gives the vanity and floor a real pop
- Argent Decorative Floor
- Open 1500mm Vanity With Single Sink and Soft Close Push Draws
- Internal Shower Head Wall
Bathroom Renovation Parkwood
Light and bright were the owners wish for this bathroom renovation. The marble matt 600 x 600 tiles allow for something that is light but adds a warm feature to the room
- Matching Wood Grain Mirror Cabinet
- Saturia 600mm x 600mm Feature Tile
- Rimless Toilet
Bathroom Renovation Kiara
I love this bathroom for many reasons but the owner had a great vision for what they wanted to really maximize the space. This beautiful Alcove shower screen used a nice finishing black trim that sets off that gorgeous Black Butt timber vanity.
- Alcove Black Trimmed Shower Screen
- Hexagon Matt White
- Timber Black Butt Vanity
Churchlands Bathroom Renovation
For this Alcove bathroom renovation, the client did not want a light up mirror which is what we suggest for the best face lighting you can get unless you have space for the right side wall lights.
- Terrazzo is a beautiful bathroom floor tile that is so popular we can not find enough in Perth for everyone’s bathroom renovations.
Bathroom Renovation Parkwood
All white bathrooms are at least something that looks clean! You can see this alcove bathroom transformation in Parkwood and the difference it makes not only tiling full height but the light bathroom tiling floor to ceiling makes it look so much bigger
- If a bath is not for you then don’t have it, you can not see from the before but the location of this vanity below is where the old bath was located really opening up the Alcove bathroom section.
Bathroom Renovation Lesmurdie
Not the best before image it is hard to gauge how much work went into this Lesmurdie bathroom renovation. The real star though is the nib wall between the vanity and shower area.
- Tiling feature tiles vertically they add a sense of height to the room through the lines.
Bathroom Renovation Willetton
Try to never let items you can change dictate your bathroom renovation experience. Often clients will get caught up trying to match a wood frame or a ceiling fixture. If you really do not want to have to have beige or brown because the frames are brown then just paint them it will make your life so much easier trust me.
- Tiling floor to ceiling in the same time can make a room feel large as there is no break between the floor and walls.
Bathroom Renovation Perth
I love pattern on the floor but it is not for everyone. It is great for cleaning and adds a real wow factor.
- High patterned floor is a big statement and sometimes risky. Often we struggle to keep our floors clean and this style of bathroom tile draws everyone’s eyes to it.
Bathroom Renovation Armadale
- Feature walls are my personal favorite things to install especially when you find a beautiful tile such as this Dark Stone Wash 300mm x 600mm
Alcove Bathroom Renovation With A Bath Set Up
Bathroom Renovation Leeming
Bathroom renovations are what you make them to be. Some clients we have will have no idea what they want and some like the below bathroom know exactly what they want.
- Frameless shower screens are amazing to look at but don’t always offer the best protection against retaining water which is important to always remember. Yes, that is a Forrest in the window. It is a custom made window that has an image imprinted into the window and backlit
Woodvale Bathroom Renovation
Hexagon feature tiles can be so stunning as they add real softness to space without being boring. The Woodvale alcove bathroom renovation uses a beautiful finish of tapware called Brushed Nickel
- Brushed Nickel Tapware
- Hexagon Matte Bianco Wall Tiles
- Aqua Freestanding Bath
Bathroom Renovation Huntingdale
This renovation was a little unique as the room had a tremendous waste of space where he hallway goes from door behind this image below. The owner still manages to fit a freestanding bath, toilet and vanity in the same spacing through great planning and a lot of hard work.
- Frameless Shower Screen
- Heated Towel Rail
- Dual Separate Shower
If you like the article and want to get all the latest updates, see all of our before and after images, then show us some love with a like on Instagram: Click Here
For More DIY TIPS For Renovating Your Bathroom Visit:
Before and After Albums: Click Here
High-resolution examples of all projects: Click Here
More Bathroom Photos – Click Here
It’s important to note that all our advice is general in nature and all bathrooms are unique so always speak to your local qualified tradesman for the best advice. At on the ball bathrooms we love feedback so let us know what you think with a comment below or if you are looking for a bathroom renovation quote and live in Perth, Western Australia contact us on 0419964678 or email us at email@example.com.
This article was written by James Mc, one of the founders of On the Ball Bathrooms with over 15 years of bathroom renovation experience combined with knowledge of over a 2000+ completed renovation projects. We hope that we have helped you in any way with some helpful renovations tips or just at least some pretty renovation pictures to look at 🙂