An alcove shower is exactly as it sounds a shower space that is located in an alcove. This bathroom layout is really caused where the person building needed space in the laundry or a linen cupboard so they make the bathroom smaller width-wise and stick in this shower alcove. This style of renovation often requires a custom-made wall to wall shower screen to allow a complete finish but we are now moving into the realm of wet rooms so open alcoves are becoming a trend. This before and after series is to highlight the many types of bathroom layouts and help with ideas on what your new bathroom can become. At the end, I will post all the before and afters we have done in the series.
Bathroom Renovation Huntingdale
This renovation was a little unique as the room had a tremendous waste of space where he hallway goes from door behind this image below. The owner still manages to fit a freestanding bath, toilet and vanity in the same spacing through great planning and a lot of hard work.
- Frameless Shower Screen
- Heated Towel Rail
- Dual Seperate Shower
Bathroom Renovation Parkwood
Light and bright were the owners wish for this bathroom renovation. The marble matt 600 x 600 tiles allow for something that is light but adds a warm feature to the room
- Matching Wood Grain Mirror Cabinet
- Saturia 600mm x 600mm Feature Tile
- Rimless Toilet
Bathroom Renovation Kiara
I love this bathroom for many reasons but the owner had a great vision for what they wanted to really maximise the space.
- Black Trimed Shower Screen
- Hexagon Matt White
- Timber Black Butt Vanity
Bathroom Renovation Leeming
Bathrooms renovations are what you make them to be. Some clients we have will have no idea what they want and some like the below bathroom know exactly what they want.
- Frameless shower screens are amazing to look at but dont always offer the best protection against retaining water which is important to always remember.
Bathroom Renovation Perth
I love pattern on the floor but it is not for everyone. It is great for cleaning and adds a real wow factor.
- High patterned floor is a big statement and sometimes risky. Often we struggle to keep our floors clean and this style of bathroom tile draws everyone’s eyes to it.
Bathroom Renovation Parkwood
- White bathrooms feel fresh and clean. Another note is when you don’t use a bath done keep it you can make a room feel so much bigger.
Bathroom Renovation Armadale
- Feature walls are my personal favourites thing to install especially when you find a beautiful tile such as this Dark Stone Wash 300mm x 600mm
Bathroom Renovation Willetton
- Tiling floor to ceiling in the same time can make a room feel large as there is no break between the floor and walls.
Bathroom Renovation Winthrop
- Semi-frameless shower screens are the most ideal screen for water retention and style. YES, frameless can have a wow factor but not everyone will love the small amount of water that can sometimes leak from.
Bathroom Renovation Lesmurdie
- Tiling feature tiles vertically they add a sence of height to the room through the lines.
It’s important to note that all our advice is general in nature and all bathrooms are unique so always speak to your local qualified tradesman for the best advice. At on the ball bathrooms we love feedback so let us know what you think with a comment below or if you are looking for a bathroom renovation quote and live in Perth, Western Australia contact us on 0419964678 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For More DIY TIPS For Renovating Your Bathroom Visit:
Before and After Albums: Click Here
High-resolution examples of all projects: Click Here
Start Pinning and Putting Your Dream Bathroom Together: Click Here
If you like the article and want to get all the latest updates or see all our before and after’s, then show us some love with a like on Instagram